The Pennsylvania Seal of Biliteracy (PASB) is an award presented by Bensalem High School in recognition of students who have attained intermediate-high proficiency in English and one or more additional world languages upon high school graduation. The Seal of Biliteracy encourages students to study and attain proficiency in English and another world language to promote civic and global engagement. It also demonstrates that biliteracy and bilingualism are academically challenging endeavors. By earning the Pennsylvania Seal of Biliteracy, students demonstrate readiness to engage in the global community.
Requirements to earn the Pennsylvania Seal of Biliteracy, a student shall:
1. Complete all requirements to earn a high school diploma.
2. Meet any one of the English Proficiency Criteria Options found on the table; and
3. Meet any one of the World Language Proficiency Criteria Options found on the table
After a student has verified they have satisfied the necessary requirements to earn the Pennsylvania Seal of Biliteracy, the student shall:
1. Complete the Application (Link Below)
2. Submit the Application to the appropriate school representative by November 1st.
The Bensalem High School counselor is available to support students through the application process.
Application Link: In Progress, please check back