Welcome to the Ninth Grade Academy at Bensalem High School. Features of the Academy include:
- The ninth grade academy is centralized in its own section of Bensalem High School creating an intimate learning environment.
- Incoming freshmen are assigned to a “House”. A “House” is an organizational arrangement that assigns students and teachers to specific groups
- Each “House” consists of cross-curricular teams of English, science, and social studies teachers.
- Students will participate in other required and elective classes outside their house, as well as other activities such as clubs and sports
- Academically rigorous education that maintains high expectations for each student
- Careful monitoring of student performance and attendance
- Data-driven decision making
- Use of the PA Educator Dashboard Early Warning System
- Structured system of appropriate extra help
- Frequent contact between school and parents
- Use of Naviance, a College & Career Readiness Technology Solution
- Comprehensive Instructional Technology Integration: Chromebook 1:1 Initiative, Schoology Learning Management System, and Zoom Video Conferencing
Future Ready Seminar - 0.5 Credit
Students in grade 9 will be assigned this course at a designated period of time in their weekly schedule. The Future Ready Seminar and Academic Writing Course will run A/B schedule. Future Ready Seminar will provide students with the opportunity to complete assignments for other classes needed for graduation, study for tests, complete projects, review homework and notes, complete ninth grade College & Career activities on Naviance, research online resources, as well as, practice SAT questions through Khan Academy. Students will have access to the English Language Arts & Math intervention learning centers.